Thursday, January 22, 2009




Coconuts and Lizards Pembroke Pines Florida
Coconuts in tree: Cathie and Georges side yard. Big lizard on sidewalk by my truck. It was two feet long! I thought it was the neighbor's pet but George said he was wild. How would you like to curl up in the blankets and find one of those staring at you from the other pillow?

Photo details: This is a photograph of me taking a photograph of a lizard (as opposed to a photograph of a lizard). Capisce?

















Don't see these in State College Pennsylvania eh?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Wow! What a cool lizard, it's beautiful. Are they pests or do they do some good around the yard?
I would rather see those lizards than squirrels. Those coconuts are pretty close to the ground. Do they have palmetto roaches flying around?

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Paul said...

M.Margaret, today I saw another lizard on the way to Michael's house. It must have weighed 35 pounds. It was 4 or 5 feet long and as round as grapefruit around the stomach. I said, "Holy Cow!" when George pointed it out through the van window. They eat greens not meat...I already asked. This thing could have swallowed a squirrel. I didn't see any roaches at all but it has been cool and the insects are laying low. Yes I noticed many trees where the coconuts were low enough to touch. And they are plentiful around town. I don't think anyone eats them I think those trees are just for decoration. Paul
P.Daniel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home