Sunday, January 18, 2009


Indian River Aerodrome: George took me flying in his Cessna 172. We took off from th neighborhood runway "Indian River Aerodrome." It was pretty darn cool bouncing along what is best described as some one's backyard. We wore headsets with intercoms because of the very loud engine and wind noise.

We buzzed back right down and touched the grass doing a hundred knots indicated air speed let me tell you it was fast we tore past all the neighbor's homes they must have seen us out the living room windows, "Did you see that Betty!? Something just whipped down the runway."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Maria said...

That's cool! I like the aerial - I can see how the runway goes right down the middle of the houses lined up on both sides. Has he ever hit birds?

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Hi Maria: Yes. It's just like I had hoped/imagined. The runway really is in their back yards. Hold on I'll go ask...
I'm back. George said he didn't but "someone else in the neighborhood hit a Sandhill Crane. Which is too bad because they mate for life. We still feed the other one."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home